Artists and Labels using Wiseband services have now the opportunity to submit their music on Shazam, the musical recognition platform.
You’re listening a song but you have no ideas about who’s singing, Shazam is made for you ! You just have to launch Shazam et you’ll get all informations of the song you’re listening (artist(s), album, year of production, label, biography & style). This partnership will clearly increase artist exposure through giving the ability to Shazam’s users to discover artists distributed by Wiseband. Of course, each artist is free to choose this platform.
In few seconds of listening, the platform recognizes the song.
Once the song founded, users can :
– Buy the song thanks to direct links to Amazon or Google Play
– Listen the song in streaming on Spotify ou Rdio
– Sing along the song with displayed lyrics
– Share this song on different social networks
– Watch videos linked to this song on Youtube.
– Book concert tickets
– Have a list of similar artists
Moreover, on Shazam.com/myshazam you can see all artists you’ve “shazamed”and you can also be informed of world musical trends.
How artists get paid ?
Shazam is a musical recognition platform and not a musical streaming service or a musical downloading service.
Artists distribute by Wisband won’t have any royalties but being on Shazam offer big opportunities. According to the website, Shazam is used by more than 85 million of people each month. Every day, more than 15 million songs are recognized and in the last 12 months, the platform drove approximately $300million in the sale of digital songs.
You want your music get recognized by Shazam, go to “Products/Digital Distribution” of your Wiseband account, then :
– If you want to start a new distribution: Click on “Distribute an album/single on the digital platforms”
– If you’ve already distributed your music with Wiseband, click on “add/delete platforms”
Find a tutorial helping you for distributing your music on platforms : How distribute music on platforms?